Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Somebody's 5!!!

Olivia turned 5 years old on February 17th! I can't believe how fast the time has gone and I feel so privileged to have this little girl in my life. When she was born, I got it...this is what life is all about. She makes my everyday better and I love her to pieces!! At 5 Olivia is "off the charts" in height so her pediatrician, Dr. McKenna put it. She's outgoing, loves attention, and is always making us laugh with the hilarious things she says. She loves Princess Jasmine (with Belle taking a close second), loves to watch movies, and takes gymnastics and dance lessons. Her favorite colors are pink, purple and blue. She despises pants and only wants to wear skirts and dresses. On her actual birthday we had dance class, then took her to eat at her favorite restaurant Texas Roadhouse. Which is her favorite because she gets to sit on the bull and watch the waiters dance in the isles. Olivia just eats up having everyone watch her as she sits on the bull and says "Yee Haw!" It embarrasses Lane so bad but Olivia just revels in the glory of it!! After we went home, to Grandma Cathy's at that time, and opened presents. She got a new comforter, drapes and rug for her new pink room in our house, a baby Jasmine doll, a sew kit, new clothes and shoes, a razor scooter, a furreal kitty, a Tangled Doll and some other things but I can't remember them at the moment.....

For her first birthday party with her friends we had a Princess Party!! Olivia knew about her party beforehand but she asked me, "Mom, when I walk in can you have everyone hide then jump out and yell SURPRISE!!" So my friend Amy took her for me for a bit and then brought her home after all the guests were there so they could "surprise" her. Again, eating up attention!!
I sent out invitations for her party about 3 weeks early thinking we'd for sure be in our new house by then. As it turned out, we closed on the house just the Wednesday before and we weren't supposed to move in till it has recorded and funded, which since the coming weekend was a holiday weekend wasn't going to be until Tuesday!! But we sneaked and had the party there anyway. It was funny because at the time all we had moved in was one couch and our kitchen table. The rest of the house was empty!! The party was complete with Princess Jasmine and Princess Belle!! It was so cute!! All the guests wore princess costumes and were treated to a tea party. They also made bracelets and hand mirrors, played a version of pin-the-tail on the donkey with a princess castle, and had cookies and cake. We even had a little prince at our party! And I'm not talking about Lane!! Ha ha!

Olivia as she entered the house




Tea Party!!

Making bracelets
Lane and the Princesses!! I love how he's always up to do these embarrassing things for me!!


HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!!! Hopefully soon I'll get up some pics of the inside of our place!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks like such a fun party! Olivia sooo lucky to have such a cute Mom! I can't believe she is 5!!! I remember when you were prego with her! Happy Bday Olivia!!!

BreAna said...

happy birthday olivia! I love all the pics and can't wait to throw a princess party of my own.
p.s.
that pic of lane with the princesses is classic!

Lacy, Cody, & the girls said...

So fun! I have been watching your blog for pics! :) Mya had a blast at that party! You have one gorgeous lil princess, you know? She is such a doll! Thanx again for inviting Mya! We will have to all get together once you guys are settled!
<3